Saturday, September 5, 2009


The photos from the past two days were taken at the Puget Sound All British Field Meet at Bellevue Community College in July. Here's a driver side pic with the boot and bonnet hood closed! Do write if you have questions about the car!
I drove over Stevens Pass to attend the field meet, and all went well. My little Morris loves to be driven, to whir along, not to say speedily, but to be in motion - and it was a great ride. I drove to the field meet, and all was well. Within two miles of leaving the field meet the car would not go further. I was a hot day and we coasted under an overpass for shade while I called for a tow. I knew exactly what was wrong. We had bought a new fuel pump for it after this happened before, but the fuel pump was the wrong one and we couldn't install it. Here were the other participants in the field meet, the Morgans and Minis, The people who had shown an interest in buying my car, whizzing past. ARRGH! Once home I called the nice folks at Crown Motors, who specialize in British cars, and described very carefully the fuel pump. My husband installed it when it arrived the following week, and the little car is no longer starving for fuel - it runs great again!

No comments:

Post a Comment